Pages

Monday, June 22, 2009

My Secret Life

Last week at work, I let it slip that I go to Goodwill every Saturday and Sunday. Immediately they wrinkled their noses and said Goodwill stores don't smell good. I just listened to them and then they stopped talking and wanted to know what would cause me to go there two times every weekend? Did I get my clothes there? What was it?

I've bought some clothes from Goodwill but for the most part, I stick with home decor and books. There's something about wearing somebody else's shoes that gross me out..and why they sell bra's - that's just disgusting.

I bought a brand new bottle of Bath and Body Works lotion for $1. I showed them at work and one gal said that someone might have peed in it. I pretended to rub it all over my face and she was grossed out. Too funny!

I jokingly told them I would be looking for something for them each time I visit Goodwill. On, Sunday I found this cute wooden box for a gal that loves Mickey Mouse. I got it cleaned up and going to give it to her today.




Are you living a secret life?





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Terry,

I just found your blog and am enjoying it a lot. However it is very dificult to read your captions as they are in your wallpaper making if very difficult to read. Looking forward to coming back.

LindaLou said...

Yes, I agree w/the above post. But, I did squint my eyes and read the post real close to my screen *grin* and I liked what happened at your work re: your admission to Goodwill. When I first went in to our local store I was kind of stealthy until I got the great deals! Now I'm meetin' friends and draggin' them. I think your Mickey Mouse box for the friend who loves MM may just make her a convert! I'm spoiled now & cringe at retail prices, even sales prices.

Juanita said...

Good Morning Terry!

Remember me? I'm your Swap Buddy, and just about have your Red, White and Blue package ready for shipping. Had to smile when I saw your new template - LOVE IT, and it confirms that I'm on the right track with the surprises I've picked up!

Have a great day!
Juanita

Neabear said...

I had to chuckle at this post. Your co-workers must not be bloggers, since so many in the blogging world look for second time around treasures. I don't have any problems reading your post unless you have changed something to make it easier since the first two comments were made. Hope you are having a great week! I can't wait to find out the response to the MM box!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails