Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Tea Party in My Backyard

The Pleasures of Homemaking is one of my favorite blogs and always inspires me. Last week she had a tea party in her back yard and I decided to have my own party. On my weekly run to Goodwill last weekend, I was on the hunt for a couple of tea cups with saucers and found two that were perfect. DH and I went to Menards and got a 6' copper pipe and some fittings and made my little tea party.


What a great cup and saucer this one is...

And this one was already glued together...


DH is putting them in a vice until the glue dries.

DH loves to help me, right Steve?


Isn't this set so cute?

Of course, Storm is always ready to help when needed.


They turned out so cute!


My tea party!
I alsofound this teapot to put in the backyard and my party will be complete.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Terry! Oh, aren't these the cutest things! I just might could do something like this!
Thanks for popping in to see me and I've entered your name in my giveaway!
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Melanie@TheOldWhiteCottage said...

Looks great! Love the cup with the crown.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

How cute. Really like the cups you used. Manuela always has some great ideas.

Neabear said...

This looks great! I had thought about doing something like that. I think some had used them as bird feeders as well.

trish said...

Oh so cute!! I created tea cup bird feeders out of pvc pipes and caps under the cup and saucer. I like yours much better because that copper will age and get a petina (sp?) on it! Very pretty!
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails