Pages

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Entry Redo - Going Cottage Style

Last year, our foyer looked like this....not sure why I thought it looked pretty good...


Then at Christmas time, I took things down and never put it back together.
 

I just hung two pictures on the nails that were still there..definitely, not looking so good.


I got both of these items at Goodwill, the frame was spray painted and I added a different picture.




This is a cute sign I got at Hobby Lobby last spring.



I got (took) this sign from my daughter..


Another picture from Hobby Lobby..love the blue...



I found this shutter at Goodwill and spray painted it. I actually got this wreath at Goodwill too!


I'm starting to get the cottage look in my house


I even spray painted the mirror that's at the bottom of the steps...

Now if the weather continues to warm up, we plan on painting our kitchen cupboards a cream color.

My next project is to redo my son's room. He's got his own place and now it's time to update(redo) it.

Those two pictures, that I hung up in the foyer with the existing nails, will be going into his room. And I also have a great find from Goodwill that needs some spray paint.

I'm linking up to:

21 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

i like what you did to the stair wall. Mine needs some help, but can't decide.!

Dawnll said...

Wow I like all the pieces you have found and altered, love the cottage look. I also have a pile that I need to alter or paint waiting for warmer weather.

Rockin Momma said...

Hello! I'm your new follower through Penny Pinching Party! Great site! Visit me at http://www.rockindeals4you.com/?p=1398 and sign up for my giveaway!

trish said...

Your wall looks great. I love the look you are doing. :o)
Have a great day.
Sincerely ~ Trish

Lisa B. said...

I love your vignette! So refreshing.

Jess said...

That is such a pretty entryway! If you are interested, I would love you to post it on my Favorite Things Friday party!

Christina said...

I like the arrangement it looks great!

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Wow the whole thing looks great. You did a great job putting it all together and I love those white shutters. Wow....just beautiful...Great post.
Blessings,
Debbie

vignette design said...

Love what you did to your stairwell and entry. Your arrangement looks incredible on the wall. I have rose paintings "walking" up my stairwell. I featured a few of them today. I'm thinking of taking them down after seeing what you do, it looks lighter and fresher.

Deb said...

Your entryway looks great, love the white shutters!

{oc cottage} said...

Just love it!!

m ^..^

Anonymous said...

Hi, i'm a new follower! I love what you did it looks great...Kathy

Carrie @ Dittle Dattle said...

Really nice! I need to go decorate my foyer now.

Mikey Fuller said...

I love spray paint! Another thing I love is white shoe polish in the bottle with the applicator tip! You have controll, and the base colors bleed through! I'm new to blogging, and hope you will check out my blog!!!

Jan @ BellaCasa said...

Nice wall arrangement! Please come by for a visit sometime and leave me a comment so that I know that you dropped by.

Jan @ BellaCasa

Angie Holden said...

Great transformation!!

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden said...

Your entry looks great! Everything goes together so nicely!

Thanks for linking up to Make it Yours Day!

Olivia said...

Now, this is really pretty! Love it! I have painted shutters and they are a pain if they are darker colored! If you get a chance check out my blog at http://shabbychictreasures.blogspot.com/ I am giving away a darling teapot for the month of April! Hugs, Olivia

Cindy said...

Your entry looks very cottage-y, I love the cottage look too. You gave me some good ideas, thanks. Hugs, Cindy S.

Kathy said...

A definite improvement---that French country look is okay but I am a sucker for the cottage look! And the two bird pictures have a nice symmetry.

Jast Vape said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails