Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

My Christmas Tree Collection

This year when I was pulling out the Christmas decorations, I decided to minimize how many Christmas things I would put out. And it was so hard! I have so many things, that I love but yet I buy more each year.

In an attempt to stay on track with mimizing, I decided to use one of my terrariums to showcase my Christmas trees.


I got the green Christmas tree at a yard sale several years ago. The poinsetta plant is from Target, I got it a couple of years ago on clearance right after Christmas.


I'm loving the idea of having everything safe and secure from the cats climbing around plus no dusting!
And it all looks so pretty together, don't you think?


The red trees came from a dollar store this year. I must've really liked them because I bought one in October and then I bought another one a few weeks ago


One of the trees, in the back right corner, with the gold star, was a Christmas present from my Mom -  many, many years ago. I doubt its worth anything but you can't put a price on getting a gift from a loved one.


Have you ever sorted your Christmas decorations to see what you actually collect?
I was sure I collected snowmen, but I actually collect Christmas trees.

I'm linking to:
    

      Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special  Holiday Home Party @ Very Merry Vintage Style 

13 comments:

Empty Nester said...

Love what you did with the Christmas trees! My mom gives each of us a Christmas 'musical' every year and an ornament. Plus, I get a nativity. Now, that's 6 people times 25 years...no, I haven't sorted anything...I'm just waiting for all the daughters to get their's out of here! LOL

Tanya said...

Such a cute way to display a small collection of things! =)

Wendy said...

Great idea to sort through our decorations and see what we actually collect. Your tree collection looks great grouped together and I love how you put them in the terrarium.
Have a great weekend :)
Wendy

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Like the way you displayed your Christmas trees.
I collected Santas years ago and eventually gave most away and some sold in yardsales, etc., but still have a couple of my favorites.
Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

What a great and unique idea....Love it...

Take care,
Lisa

annies home said...

I have several unique christmas trees myself all of them are precious to me as I am sure yours ar to you

Funky Junk Interiors said...

What an adorable way to display your collection! So fun! And dust free too. :)

Donna
http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

Love this! It's a great display.

Kelly said...

What a cute idea for displaying your trees!

Kelly

Sarah said...

the trees look great all together- fabulous idea!!

very merry vintage style said...

Pretty trees! I try to sort my stuff each year but I always end up just mixing things up at packing up time! thanks for linking to my very merry holiday home party!
Mary

Rebecca said...

I do this-but I set up my little trees and houses inside mine-so cute!

concretenprimroses said...

What a great way to display your trees. Kitties do love Christmas don't they.
Kathy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails