Pages

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Salt Dough Gingerbread Ornaments

My decorating theme in the kitchen is gingerbread, and this year I decided to make some salt dough gingerbread cookies. These are the kind that are not meant to be eaten but look good enough that you wished you could eat them.

I got my inspiration here.


I used glue and colored glitter for the frosting.


They smelled amazing when they were baking.


And I hung them up as a banner in my kitchen window.

I still need to spray on a protective coat so they'll keep for years to come.
If Christmas wasn't so close, I'd love to make some more shapes - very fun!

I'm linking to:
Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special    Photobucket
Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!    UndertheTableandDreaming

   

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails