Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

Altering A Calendar

Every year I get a free calendar from our local drugstore to hang up in the ktichen...
and they use to be full of pictures of vintage things and
then the last few years, they started to look like a free calendar...
strange concept I know....


This year, I decided to alter a calendar...
I bought a calendar kit on clearance at Michaels....
It came with chipboard and other embellishments...


And once I put the pieces on each page, quite frankly, I thought it was still kind of boring...

Once I add a picture to each month, it will change the look  but still was blah....

So I went through my stash....
and added brads, chipboard embellishments, buttons, stickers, flowers...
and bligged it up a notch!.


I also highlighted my son's birthday and our anniversary..
and as the days go on, they'll be appointments added...
and also things that I'll want to remember - like Macie's baptism....trip to Mall of America...
things I'll want to remember years later..

 
Because when 2012 is over, the pages will be converted into an album...
I'll show you February page  next month...
I have lots of Valentine's stuff so that page was a lot of fun putting together...

I've got two more altered calendar projects coming up too!
Have a great week!
Linking to these parties...
Oh and don't forget about my linky party going on right here

4 comments:

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said...

I don't think I've visited your blog before but I think you have a very nice one. I like your creativity, especially the way you expressed it with the altered calendar. I would like to try something like that. It looks like it would be fun to do.-------Shannon

Sunny Simple Life said...

How I love this. You do such nice things with all your paper crafting.

Karima said...

I love altering things to my taste too! Karima

{northern cottage} said...

i do the same thing...sometimes those calendars we have are so basic and just need a little somethin somethin - right? I just LOVE your additions!

www.northerncottage.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails