Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

My Latest Goodwill Bag of Goodies

Last April I showed you my unbelievable bag of goodies from Goodwill and then in November I got another amazing bag of goodies...

Well, I got another bag of goodies from Goodwill..
but before I start, there are lots of pictures...
and I didn't really know what I was buying because everything was just thrown in..
so let's get started...


I had told DH to watch for some embrodiery floss for me when we went to Goodwill on Sunday...
and he found this bag for $25 and we decided to take a chance that there might be some floss inside...


I was kind of excited to see a couple of embrodiery hoops...
thought I might use them to add fabric and hang on the wall...


And once I started pulling things out, I suddenly had a helper..
Charlie gave everything the sniff test...


26 spools of ribbon, some are brand new...


Several spools of thread..one of the spools is wood and the price tag is 19 cents..
how long ago was thread 19 cents?


Here's the collection of lace...
so much pretty lace...


And the hoops that I could see from the outside.
there was a metal hoop but it was all rusty so I threw it out..


Not too much fabric but definitely a variety of patterns...


a few odds and ends.....love the metal ruler...


some rubber stamps... be fun for kids to play with..
or maybe even me!


This was stuffed in a ziploc bag..
fun scissors, several different paper punches, stapler...
 I was excited to see a fiskar paper punch in the mixture..


My helper came back to check out the action...
just  a few pieces of scrapbook paper,
some stencils,
black bead trim and black tulle..


Then when I opened this tin...
I was pleasantly surprised...


I love how people save containers to store things in...
lots of different beads and pearls...


and these containers were also stored inside...
I'll have to go back and take a better look but the one
container has some small jewelry in it...


And in another ziploc bag, this was what was inside...
more paper punches, stampers, staple removers...

Do you remember I had told DH to keep his eyes open for
some embrodiery floss?


I think I counted 27  things of floss that came out of another ziplob bag..
as well as lots of crochet hooks, safety pins, measuring tapes...


This scissor was in with the floss, any idea what this is used for?
Or is it even a scissors? It looks more like a tweezers but I'm not sure.


And when I thought I had enough floss, I found a box with
10 skeins of green floss and 10 skeins of red floss...


I also found all tangled up, this butterfly holder full of floss...

It took me two nights to go through the bag of my newest goodies...

Now to figure out where to put some of this....
Thanks for stopping by!
Linking to these parties...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, you found so amazing find in your goodie bag!

Amanda said...

My goodness! What a great bag of goodies, some amazing finds, you definitely got your moneys worth! That oval hoop is interesting!

Ricki Treleaven said...

Wow, you made a haul! Good for you....now get to crafting!!! ;P

xo,
RJ

Judi said...

Great find. It is hard to believe that all of that was in one bag. Any way just thought I would let you know those are tweezers that look like scissors.

Barbara Jean said...

wow!! I think you got your money's worth!
our goodwill does not do big bags like that, just little 1.99 bags.

blessings
barbara jean

Sheila A. said...

Hubby made a great find, didn't he??! Great fun just to look through all of it! Well worth the $25!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails