Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Oh Fiddlestixs - Part Two

Yesterday I shared a wonderful store that I like to visit when I go to spend the weekend with my daughter and her family...how I can limit it to one store is hard to do because there are several
great thrift/junk stores in their town...

Fiddlestixs is a wonderful boutique with old things given new life with paint...
and the prices are reasonable, which makes it even harder to not want to buy everything!
This type of store would be my ideal business to own and operate....
but let me show you my purchase from last week...


Right there in the store, they had this old, red window...
I added the fabric on the back....
I've always wanted to hang a window in our house...

This is what the wall looked like before, I had a nail in the wall and so
I hung this little frame and it is totally lost in the space..


I love how it adds so much color now to the room...I also changed out the curtains to the summery sheer curtain panels...and the room is so much brighter now..


Did you notice the tiered stand in the corner? That's from
Pier One...maybe one of my favorite stores...
we use it to hold magazines and easily becomes full
of magazines because I don't like to throw them away...


On the other side of the loveseat is our sofa table that holds the dresser mirror
we found at Goodwill last year for a couple dollars that we painted...
the lamp is from Pier One and the two pineapples and picture frame are from Goodwill.
The super big basket underneath was an idea I had to put it on top of my
washer/dryer..but it was way to big and it sat on the floor and the
cats kept jumping it in so I added their cat bed and it fits perfectly...
(We have four boy cats and they sleep in a pink bed - guess they love pink too!)


I know I've shared this wall before..the clock and the shelf are from Goodwill.
I think I got the clock for $10, which seems like a lot but on the back
the price sticker was still on it from Hobby Lobby for $39.99
and they have great 50% sales so I did really good....


My little shelf...all painted up and I love to change up the accesories..
it's a great place to show several of my Willow Tree figurines...


Our home is small and for the longest time I wanted to move into a bigger home...
but I really love our home and how cozy everything is...

Thanks for stopping by, I love my new red window...
Linking to these parties
Junkin Joe's>

Wishing everyone a safe and heathly week!

7 comments:

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Your new window is great. I love to add windows anywhere I can!

Http://whatmeeganmakes.com said...

I love the new window!! I have to say, I love your clocks too. I Heart clocks!! Cute home, Terry!
Meeg~

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

oh Miss Terry...I am in love with your new window and I thank you so much for sharing it with us at The New Junkin Joe Linky party : ) It means so much! Sending hugs and love to you and yours...

Anonymous said...

Love the window! I'm having fun looking at your thrift store finds, too! (I'm here via the cottage Market)

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Wow! That window just makes the room pop! I love the red! Having fun at the Junkin Joe party!
Blessings,
Susie

Randee Erickson said...

I'm such a sucker for windows! You can do so much with them! Thanks for sharing. Having a great time at Junkin' Joe's party!

Unknown said...

It's Party Time over at Debt Free Mommy Blog and you are invited! Please come link up anything related to making your space better at http://debtfreemommyblog.blogspot.com/ and mark your calendars for every Making Space Mondays linky party. The fun begins at 9:00 pm tonight. Hope to see you there!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails